Sport funding is to be spent on improving the quality of sport and PE for all children in St. Catherine of Siena Catholic Primary School.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools, and will lead to clear outcomes in raising standards and opportunities in PE and school sport for all children throughout our school.
At St. Catherine's, our funding for the academic year 2017/2018 is calculated at £16,000 + £2,800 (£10 x 280).
Therefore, our fund for this academic year is £18,800.
Purpose of Funding
We believe that all children who attend our school should receive a well-balanced curriculum which stimulates and promotes their academic, sporting, creative, artistic and social development.
Therefore, we will spend the funding on improving the provision of PE and school sport.
What are we doing to ensure effective PE and Sport in school?
1. We employ a specialist sports coaching provider (The Elms Sport in Schools) to teach our children and to also work alongside our staff to provide rich CPD.
2. We employ a P.E. Apprentice to work alongside our teachers to train and develop their skills of delivering the Physical Education curriculum.
3. We buy into the services of a School Sport Partnership and SSCO. The role of the SSCO is to oversee competitions, to train staff and to lead subject leader meetings.
4. Our children enter sports competitions with other schools in the collaboration with the School Sport Partnership and St. Michael's Catholic High School.
5. We hold an annual Sports day for the whole school.